Sunday, April 12, 2015

Obsessive geometries and processes, cnc routers/new technologies .... And Perhaps a temporary lapse in sanity

So I have been thinking about barrels, walls and arches.  Casting more glass than is entirely good for me especially considering the heat and humidity has already settled back into New Orleans.  That and I have been stacking things, over and over . . .  

I guess I have been making glass bricks for an installation 

 Each configuration I stack them in only tends to further my thoughts that I need more.  I am looking into that Fantasia thing and trying to figure out how to magic them into making more of them self but failing that I will keep casting more.
 I have been doing some research into masonry and wall making and how to stack things so when it gets big enough it can't fall down and kill people.


 So I have also been thinking about barrels and CNC routed these polygonic circular forms for yet more rectangles to interact with.  In theory both these pieces should be done very soon.  The glass is all cast and drilled.  The smaller one in the above picture is going to get bound with leather or rawhide.   But I don't really know anything about that process so I guess I will keep my fingers crossed.

This bigger barrel form is going to have the glass bolted to the plywood, with bolts that believe it or not are called sex bolts or barrel bolts, which seems appropriate and ironic in equal measure.   




So these are renderings of some of the things I have been thinking about.


I will have more resolved photos of things soon hopefully.  

No comments:

Post a Comment