Saturday, October 17, 2015

An installation and a couple smaller works

So I have been casting lets go with lots of rectangular glass blocks or bricks is probably a more apropos descriptor being that I am building a wall.  This is one of the first installations of it.  I blocked a doorway for a couple days.  I don't imagine the fire marshal would of been pleased but, it gave me time to futz with the video for the projection that goes on it.  I will have video footage from the instal as soon as I figure out how to make it small enough to be uploaded onto a blog post.    








I also have a couple smaller finished pieces that got done in the past couple weeks.  The smaller work keeps me sane, and allows me to actually finish things while the large scale work for my thesis show is still in progress... Agonizingly slow progress.  The door I want to block for my thesis show is a little more than double that doorways size and its definitely won't be the largest piece in the show.  





These are both still untitled... The glass and brick one might get a title dealing with firehouses or an architectural study.  The glass and concrete one might just get called Cairn for Lost Roads II or something that feels similar to that title as the piece functions much like this piece which is called Cairn for Lost Roads . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment