Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Asinine Art Expenses

Today I spent about a 100 bucks on copper nails, copper burrs, copper roves, and two male rod end barrings.   No I am not building a boat which is the most logical reason for buying copper nails and what not, mostly I want esteticly pleasing options for fasting the wood and glass peices I am making and surface decoration for a peice I am working on.  The bearings are for making a stand for a peice that wants to be able to spin.   The drawing below was the impetus for buying the copper.  
  
I wish I didn't have a weakness for fancy expensive materials,  but oh well.  I have an appointment to shoot photos this up comming tuesday so if all goes well I should have more images up pretty soon after that.
             The class I T.Aed at massart is over and so is the semesters except for the poor bastards finishing up there reviews and crits.  So no more new castings for a while but I have a large stock pill of cast parts and peices to work with over the summer.  Hopefully I will have finished 10ish peices this semester, all sand cast glass and wood peices and will finish more over the summer.  After I get this next batch of photos I need to concentrate on finding people to buy them or galleries to sell them.   If anyone is interested in a peice let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment