Thursday, May 24, 2012

A most fortunate trip to the DMV

SO LONG STORY SHORT, I have two peices in a show at
Gallery 55 
55 s main st, Natick Ma
Opening this friday from 7-10
The show is up for a little over a month 
So if your in Natick for some reason please check it out.  
                    
               Now the longer story, and for those of you who dont read there are pictures at the bottom
      
       A most fortunate trip to the DMV, I know this sounds like a contradiction in terms and I assure you... it is.  However this is a story about how my being an IDIOT and trying to go the DMV helped me.  About a month ago I was trying to go to the DMV and I googled the nearest one, apparantly its in Framingham MA.  So I printed out directions and with trepidation in my heart I set out aware that I was in for a terrible day as the DMV is usually the manifestation of hell on earth.  However, I was foiled or saved depending on how you look at it I had neglected to pay attention to what directions google had printed for me and apparntly they sent me to 10 pearl st in Natick, not Framingham.
       So I am annoyed once I get there and realize my mistake, so I resolve to drive to framingham and get woefully lost and hope by black magic I can find the DMV.  But as I am turning around I see a gallery, and if I see a random gallery I like to stop in usually I expect the normal crappy small town gallery work.  But this Gallery... Gallery 55 in Natick has really cool work a bunch of funky large scale sculptures (http://www.gallery55.com/artists.html), they also have an inhouse jewler working at his bench all in all its a cool funky place.  Feeling either more couragous or more fool hardy than I usually do I approach the owner and ask how one shows in there space.  I show her a piece I have in the back of the car because I had forgotten to take it out and think nothing of it.  However, apparantly she remembers me and sends me a link to apply for a show.


Also I just updated my website with the new work I had in my last blog.  Check that out too
DevonMurphyArt.com
Below is a copy of my new homepage because this blogs word to picture ratio is quite off.

No comments:

Post a Comment