Friday, May 25, 2012

Drawings and Finished Work

                                                                                            
Tidal Crop Circles
Finished Piece 
So for as long as I have been making sculptures I have been drawing tiny thumb nails, usually in a small  5" x 8" Sketch book, occasionally I will break down and do a big drawing but I never really liked it.  Usually I draw a series of differnt but similar thumb nails.  After I pin down what I like best I do a better slightly larger I.E.  filling a whole page of my small 5"x 8"sketch book drawing and then I move forward with making the peice.  However, at least with this current body of work my process has changed or at least grown.  I still do my small sketches, usually after the glass is cast and rough cold ground.   Then I take the best of the thumb nails sketches and render them in sketch up.  


Tidal Crop Circles
Sketchup Drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment